My research interests are in the areas of machine learning and computer vision.
Specifically, I have some practical experience on large scale video analysis and vision-language
embedding area like visual question answering. Before I came to US, I have worked in Microsoft
Research Asia and Baidu Institute of Deep Learning, our team won the 1st place for ActivityNet
kinetics challenges and 3rd place for google cloud and Youtube-8m large scale video understanding
challenges which are golden competitions in action recognition area. More recently, I explore the
reinforcement learning for sequential model on video summarization.
Reinforcing sequential DPP For Video Summarization, supervised by Dr. Boqing Gong
- Reinforcing sequential DPP For Video Summarization
- Visualization for action recognition models
Baidu Institute of Deep Learning, Genome Group, 2017.02 - 2017.8
ActivityNet Kinetics and Youtube8m Challenge, Action Recognition, supervised by Dr. Chuang Gan
- Our team won the 3rd place in the Youtube-8M and 1st place in the ActivityNet challengewhich are the golden competitions in this area.
Research on cross-modality hashing and video thumbnail tools, mentored by Dr. Ting Yao and Dr. Tao Mei
- Video Thumbnail Tools: Take part into the development of Microsoft Cognitive Service
- Hashing: Deep cross-modal hashing won the outstanding dissertation for bachelor’s degree